Respect Life - Calendar
Month of October – Respect Life Month
Holy Father Urges Participation in Pro-Life Vigil: US Bishops Mark Respect Life Month http://www.zenit.org/article-30524?l=english
1) On Respect Life Sunday, October 7, we celebrate with a prayerful intention to honor life at all stages. At the end of all Masses, the congregation is invited to process out to the front of the church to the stone marker “In Memory of the Unborn” for a special blessing. We will place a baby wreath in front of the pulpit and at the end of the Mass, the altar server will carry it out to the stone marker.
2) On Respect Life Sunday, October 7, from 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. the Office of Life and Family Ministry of the Diocese of Providence will sponsor a LIFE CHAIN at St. Philip Church. A LIFE CHAIN is a peaceful and prayerful visual statement of the solidarity of all Christians around the United States as we promote the sanctity and dignity of life. We meet in the Guardian Angel’s Room to pick up a sign, and pray the Rosary in front of the church.
3) For the month of October, we place bassinets at each door of the church. We will be collecting NEW items, such as diapers, (especially size 4 and 5), baby wipes, formula, baby shampoo, baby wash, onesies, sleepers, outfits, bottles, etc. which will be distributed to the Mother of Life Center.
4) We pray the Rosary for the Unborn at 7:30 a.m. just before the 8 a.m. Mass for the month of October.
5) A pro-life novena will take place at Saint Paul Church, 1789 Broad Street, Cranston, beginning Saturday, September 22 and continuing until Saturday, November 17. The rosary will be prayed at 8 a.m. at the nearby abortion facility followed by 9:00 a.m. Mass in Saint Paul Church. All are welcome!
March for Life
Click the above link for the upcoming March for Life in Washington, DC, for the 2014 March
Rhode Island Right to Life
Click the above link for information on buses leaving from RI to Washington, DC.
40 Days For Life Campaign
Click the above link for information regarding the current 40 Days for Life campaign in RI.
We will be holding OUR vigil at Planned Parenthood, 111 Point Street, Providence, RI and the Women’s Medical Center, 1725 Broad Street, Cranston, RI. The hours we are holding vigil are from 7AM till 7PM for the next 40 Days. If you haven’t signed up for your hour(s), please go to http://www.40daysforlife.com/ri and click on “Vigil Calendar”. Even if you are still doing the same vigil hour(s) that you were doing for the Faithful Fridays, PLEASE either sign up or call Ray (401-644-3699) or Mike (401-474-2285).