Men of Saint Joseph International
MEN OF SAINT JOSEPH INTERNATIONAL
The MEN OF SAINT JOSEPH INTERNATIONAL is an official Catholic lay association of men committed to Jesus Christ and who are dedicated to Saint Joseph, the foster father of Jesus and model for all Christians, especially men.
In our times, there are many obstacles to faith, but a man of Saint Joseph is a man who is seeking the Lord in his life: “You will seek me and you will find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13) Our Lord Jesus came to show us God’s love and so we discover our role as a man who serves the needs of other rather than seeking power and privilege (Lk. 22:25ff). However, this call is not a burden carried by the self-reliant, rather, it is a man who receives the support of companions who “encourage one another and build each other up” (1Thes. 5:11) and abide in God’s strength (John 15). As a result, a man of Saint Joseph is fulfilled by discovering and joyfully living out God’s purposes for his life (Col. 1:9- 12). In short, Saint Joseph was the closest man to Jesus, and so like Saint Joseph, we are seeking to become men who are committed to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. A Man of Saint Joseph holds up Christian ideals, attributes, and he promises to be faithful in his baptismal call.
M.O.S.J.I. invites all Catholic men to become members and we desire that all men enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a life filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. We desire that all men have the oneness with God without insisting that all become the same. “There are indeed many different members, but one body.” (I Cor.12:20) M.O.S.J.I. is a Catholic Association dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships, encouraging their transformations as individuals, brothers, fathers, and parishioners by living according to God’s Word.
1. O.S.J.I. objectives are to:
- help Catholic men to open more and more to the Holy Spirit through a deeper commitment of their lives to Jesus as Lord and to impart the Holy Spirit to one another by their love, service, and sharing the good news of salvation
- provide opportunities which foster growth in holiness
- attend monthly men’s meeting (2 hours each)
- attend a yearly men’s conference (6 hours),
- attend a yearly men’s retreat (42 hours) = 72 hours a year = Resurrected Life.
2. O.S.J.I. encourages Catholic men to grow in holiness through the following means:
- daily personal prayer,
- realization of the personal love of God the Father,
- personal knowledge of and love for Jesus Christ and commitment to him as Lord,
- experience of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit and openness to all is gifts,
- frequent participation in the sacraments of the Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation,
- study and daily reading of the sacred scriptures, the Word of God,
- deep love for and loyalty to the Catholic Church, as expressed through the Church’s teaching authority, the pope and the bishops in communion with him, who serve as guides in matters of faith and morals,
- sensitivity to the needs of the Church and willingness to address these needs through the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH
O Blessed Joseph, faithful guardian of the Redeemer, Jesus Christ, protector of the Mother of our Lord, we choose you this day to be our patron and advocate. As Men of Saint Joseph, we humbly ask you to receive us as your cause, leading us to Jesus for instruction in doubt, comfort in affliction, strength in times of testing. Obtain for us, and for all, the knowledge and love of the Heart of Jesus Christ. May men of good faith turn to you, Joseph. May you defend and protect us and our families as we grow more like Jesus by your example, now, and all the days of our lives. Amen